District News View All
As part of the District’s COVID-19 re-opening plan, the application features a section for parents to declare each student’s preference for either in-person or virtual instruction. Preferences must be declared within the application by 5:00 p.m., July 17, 2020. Each declared preference will be reviewed to complete…
For more information and updates related to the District's COVID-19 plan, visit our website.
Please review the following key notes from the session:
1. The School Year 2020-21 start date is August 10, 2020.
2. The District is implementing the School Choice option for return. Parents can choose either in-person or virtual instruction.
3. Details on how parents can declare their options are in progress. The full-detailed plan will be ready to share with parents and employees in early July.
Board meeting session ( via YouTube)
Students: 235 (June 18: 136; June 19: 99)
Parents: 258 (June 18: 130; June 19: 128)
View all sessions on the District's YouTube Channel
Poll Question #1: How do you feel about this upcoming school year?
Poll Response Options (n = 167):
- Ready for my child/ren to return to school – 52.5%
- Excited to see my friends and teachers – 53%
- Nervous about my health and safety – 24%
- Anxious about all the potential changes – 35.5%
- Not ready to return to school – 10.5%
We would like your input as we develop our District's COVID-19 re-opening plan. To access our parent survey CLICK HERE.
Please provide your feedback before 11:59 p.m., Sunday, June 28, 2020. We will present the survey results from your responses to our Board of Education, for further consideration, June 29, 2020.
The Connect & Chat parent/student sessions are available for viewing on our District's YouTube Channel. Summarized results from the session polls are forthcoming.
Muscogee County School District
SafeSchools Alert is our district's tip reporting service. If you have information about a threat to our safety, or to report a bullying incident, do your part and report it! And remember, you can remain anonymous.
Submit a report through these easy options:
Or call us our anonymous tip line: 762-583-9079
Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.Benjamin Franklin