Transportation - Bus School Zones
Bus School Zones
Infofinder i allows parents and guardians the ability to view their address and the corresponding bus school zones on a map.
(This link does not provide information about Special Needs transportation)
All Muscogee County Code of Conduct Rules and Policies apply to student behavior at the bus stop, school activities, and while riding to and from school. Parents are responsible for getting their children safely to and from the bus stop. Parents cannot board the school bus for any reason pursuant to law. Buses run on schedule and cannot wait for passengers. If problems arise, parents are not to confront the bus driver at the bus stop.
Remember that school rules apply at the bus stop. For example:
- Fighting or physical play, use or possession of tobacco, e-cigarettes, drugs, and alcohol are prohibited.
- Use profane or vulgar language while waiting for the bus is prohibited.
- Stand 12 feet off the roadway while awaiting the bus.
- Students in Grades Pre-K-2nd Grade must have a Parent or Guardian or age-appropriate individual present at the Bus Stop.
- Students shall be prohibited from using any electronic devices while entering the school bus.
All eligible MCSD students will be issued a bus pass once transportation has been assigned. Bus passes will be issued during the MCSD verification week or throughout the school year as route updates are made. Students will be required to have their bus passes at all times to ensure proper identification of student ridership.
Students must be present at their assigned bus stop 5 minutes prior to the AM scheduled bus time. Students should remain at their assigned bus stop up to 30 minutes after their assigned stop time. If you are experiencing bus delays, please contact the Dispatch Office at 706-748-2876 or the Transportation Supervisor servicing the child’s school.
To locate the Transportation Supervisor contact information, please follow the instructions below:
- On the Muscogee County Webpage, please select “School”
- Select the student’s assigned school
- Scroll to the bottom of the page and you will find the contact information for the Transportation Supervisor
Bus stops and times are subject to change for improving route efficiency. Bus stops are selected based on safety and centrally located to accommodate group of students in a half mile radius of the bus stop.