Blanchard Elementary School
Grades K - 5th
3512 Weems Road Columbus, GA 31909
Phone 706-748-2461 , Fax 706-748-2466
"Just know you're not alone - 'Cause (we're) gonna make this place your home. . ."
Home by Phillip Phillips
School Improvement Plan (SIP) initiatives:
(1) Increase the performance percentage level by 25% for all K-5 students as measured on the pre/post writing assessment.
(2) Reduce total number of office discipline referrals by 30% from May 2016 to May 2017
House Colors: Students and staff are sorted into 4 Houses, represented by a color and an owl. Students work as a House to earn tickets/points by modeling our WISE Owl expectations and are rewarded throughout the school year.Social and Academic Extra-curricular Activities offered at Blanchard: Kids in Motion/Running Club, WISE Owl Bible Club, Owl Academy Tutorial and Enrichment, Helen Ruffin Reading Bowl, Science Olympics, Math Club, Student Council, Peer Helpers/Servant Leaders, Bricks for Kids, Drama Kids, Girls Scouts/Boy Scouts, Chorus Festival, DARE, Field Day, Chat & Chew (lunch with local dignitaries), Kidpreneuer Club Market Day, Gentleman Club, Career Day, Robotics Team, Safety Patrol, Morning Broadcast Team, Home-school Communication: The Talon weekly newsletter/ConnectED calls, Remind 101, GA Parent Survey, Parent Portal, Local School Council, Parent-Teacher Organization (PTO)PTO-sponsored Events: Fall Festival, Mother-Son Dance, Father-Daughter Dance, Grandparents' Breakfast, book fairs, Chick-fil-A fundraiser nights, Santa Shoppe, Teacher Appreciation Week, House celebrationsK-5 Annual Field Trips: Lake West Point, Springer Opera House, River Center, Coca Cola Space Science Center, Columbus Museum, Infantry Museum, Rock Eagle 4-H Center, Oxbow Meadows Recognition Opportunities: Good Citizen and Perfect Attendance lunches with the Principal, House Celebrations, Veterans Day Military Appreciation Parade, 3rd grade Holiday Play, Grade Level Award Ceremonies, Volunteer Luncheon
- Blanchard Elementary After-School Program (BAESP) organized and run by Blanchard personnel
- 2015-2016 MCSD Media Specialist of the Year: Mrs. Kristine Mitchell
- 2015-2016 MCSD Top Three Teacher of the Year: Ms. Andrea Toole
- Achieve3000 and Smarty Ants daily and weekly goals met
Partners In Education
CSH (Combat Support Hospital)