Dorothy I. Height Elementary School
Grades K - 5th District 3 516 Students1458 Benning Drive, Columbus, GA 31903
Phone 706-683-8871, Fax 706-683-8880
School Website: http://sites.muscogee.k12.ga.us/dorothyheight/
Live Homework Help
- Parents Right to Know.pdf
- 21-22 Dorothy Height Parent and Family Engagement Policy and School-Parent Compact
- 2021-2022 District Parent and Family Engagement Policy (English)
- Dorothy Height SIP.pdf
- Dorothy Height CNA.pdf
- Dorothy Height SIP Presentation 21-24.pptx
- GOSA Report Card New
We are the Huskies!!
Welcome to Dorothy I. Height Elementary School, home of the Huskies. Here at Dorothy Height, we provide students with a quality a education from a dedicated staff within a positive and safe environment. Through the use of assessments and Professional Learning Communities, we make data driven decisions daily to promote excellence. All students are held to high expectations and challenged with rigorous instruction to exceed all standards and goals set for them individually. Dorothy I. Height Elementary believes in empowering students to reach their potential and provide opportunities for them to grow and become college and career ready. Through teamwork and strong partnerships, we work to cultivate lifelong leaders that promote positive social change.
We welcome you to join our family!
- Developing well–rounded students that are enriched by exposure to learning experiences that include fine arts, physical education, and technology literacy.
- Learning as an engaging process in which students’ individual needs are addressed, and their potential is reached.
- Creating a school that is a safe, supportive, and nurturing place where relationships are based on mutual respect.
- Promoting teachers that are respected professionals who take initiative, promote change, and continuously grow.
- Having high expectations for everyone.
- Cultivating a standard of excellence as a part of each child’s successful future.
At Dorothy Height Elementary School, students are able to participate in a variety of clubs and activities:
- Safety Patrol
- Peer Helpers
- DHES Cheer Team
- Student Council
- Science Olympics Team
- Reading Bowl
- DHES Dance Team
- DHES News Team
- Drama Club
- Accelerated Reader
- Boys & Girls Mentoring Programs
- Pizza Hut Book It Reading Program
- Six Flags Reading Incentive Program
Partners In Education
- Walmart - Victory Drive
- American Legion #267
- 2/54th Ft. Benning, GA
Lamont A Sheffield