Dimon Elementary Magnet Academy
Grades K - 5th
480 Dogwood Drive Columbus, GA 31907
Phone 706-683-8772 , Fax 706-683-8776
Dimon is a STEM magnet school. We are working on becoming a state certified school for STEM. STEM stands for Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics. We offer a greenhouse, gardening, a nature trail, an outside classroom, a weather station, robotics, a science lab, a Maker Space work place, and so much more! We have a lot of after school activities such as chess, First Lego League, Junior Lego League, Helen Ruffin Reading Book Bowl, Movie Teams, Science Olympiad Team, Math Team, ballet, and more! Dimon also hosts an annual STEAM Day in March. On this day, approximately 25 presenters from all fields of STEAM present at our school. Dimon also has a strong PTO where parents are encouraged to participate in school activities throughout the year such as an annual Tech Expo, Math Night, Literacy Under the Stars, Fine Arts Night, and more!
- 17 students of Dimon won first, second and third place awards in the 2016 "Let's Grow STEAM" competition (out of total of 25 awards)
- According to SGMs, we had the most improved scores in science and second highest improved scores in social studies in 2015. We had the third highest improved scores in ELA and fifth highest improved scores in math in 2016.
- Finished Fourth Place in the district-wide Helen Ruffin Book Bowl in 2016, with Most Improved Score
- Finished Fourth Place in the district-wide Math Competition in 2016, with Most Improved Score
- Dimon is the only school partnered with the Chattahoochee Valley Library System to host Prime Time Reading Time.
- Dimon is one of five schools in MCSD to host the FAST program through The Family Center of Columbus.
- We are an "Emerging" PBIS school that uses positive reinforcements for behavior.
- We are one of six Project Aware Schools in MCSD.
- Best Website for GMA 2011 (3rd-5th grade division)
- Best Website for MCSD's Techno Expo 2010 (3rd-5th grade division)
- International Media Festival Winner in 2011
- Media Festival Winners from years 2008-2017
- Dimon was a Distinguished Title 1 school from the years of 2006-2010
Partners In Education
- Dimon Wood Neighborhood Association
- Warma Hearts
- TMI-28 Infantry
- Columbus State University (at large)
- The Springer Opera House (at large)
- The RiverCenter (at large)
- Coca-Cola Space Science Center (at large)
- Chattahoochee Valley Library System of Georgia (at large)
We would also like to thank the following companies and people for their support of Dimon Magnet Academy: Oxbow Meadows, Columbus Water Works, Columbus Fire Department, PAWS Humane, Wild Animal Safari, WLTZ, SparkArt, Port Columbus, Georgia Power, the Columbus Police Department, Columbus Regional Health, Divine Dinners, Rebecca Haskey of Barnes & Noble, and Alexis Jarrett of Grace Media.