Dimon Elementary Magnet Academy
Grades K - 5th District 1 354 Students480 Dogwood Drive, Columbus, GA 31907
Phone 706-683-8772, Fax 706-683-8776
- Parents Right to Know.pdf
- Dimon Elementary School Report Card
- Dimon SIP.pdf
- Dimon SIP Summary.pdf
- Dimon SIP Presentation.pdf
- Dimon CNA.pdf
- 2021-2022 Dimon Parent and Family Engagement Policy and School Parent Compact
- 2021-2022 District Parent and Family Engagement Policy (English)
Dimon is a STEM magnet school. On May 9, we became Georgia's 51st STEM certified school. We are the only school in Muscogee County with this specific designation. STEM stands for Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics. We offer urban gardening in our greenhouse, a nature trail, an outside classroom, a weather station, robotics, a science lab, a Maker Space work place, an engineering room, a butterfly atrium and so much more! Being a STEM school, we have a yearly STEM project that revolves around the theme of "How does your garden grow?" Each grade level has different year-long projects that are developed, researched, and analyzed. We have a lot of after school activities such as chess, First Lego League, Junior Lego League, Helen Ruffin Reading Book Bowl, Movie Teams, Science Olympiad Team, Math Team, ballet, and more! Dimon also hosts an annual STEAM Day in March. On this day, approximately 25 presenters from all fields of STEAM present at our school. Dimon also has a strong PTO where parents are encouraged to participate in school activities throughout the year such as an annual Tech Expo, Math Night, Literacy Under the Stars, Fine Arts Night, Field Day, and more!
- Won an award from the Georgia Department of Education for "Beating the Odds," in 2018.
- Became an Operational PBIS school, 2018.
- As of May 9, 2017, Dimon is a Georgia certified STEM school!!! It has been a long process, but our students, staff, parents, and community partners made it possible!
- Our robotics team finished 3rd in MCSD's first robotics competition in the category of Autonomous Operations.
- 17 students of Dimon won first, second and third place awards in the 2016 "Let's Grow STEAM" competition (out of total of 25 awards).
- According to SGMs, we had the most improved scores in science and second highest improved scores in social studies in 2015. We had the third highest improved scores in ELA and fifth highest improved scores in math in 2016.
- Finished Fourth Place in the district-wide Helen Ruffin Book Bowl in 2016, with Most Improved Score.
- Finished Fourth Place in the district-wide Math Competition in 2016, with Most Improved Score.
- Dimon is the only school partnered with the Chattahoochee Valley Library System to host Prime Time Reading Time.
- Dimon is one of five schools in MCSD to host the FAST program through The Family Center of Columbus.
- We are one of six Project Aware Schools in MCSD.
- Best Website for GMA 2011 (3rd-5th grade division).
- Best Website for MCSD's Techno Expo 2010 (3rd-5th grade division).
- International Media Festival Winner in 2011
- Media Festival Winners from years 2008-2017.
- Dimon was a Distinguished Title 1 school from the years of 2006-2010.
Partners In Education
- James Williams and Darron Reed - Master Gardeners
- Tampa Bay Foliage
- Dimon Wood Neighborhood Association
- Dunkin Donuts, Macon Road Branch
- Warma Hearts
- Lane Photography
- Flatrock Sand and Gravel
- USARMY 3 ID Infantry
- Little Caesar's
- Home Depot
- Columbus Consolidated Government Public Works Department (at large)
- Columbus Botanical Gardens (at large)
- Oxbow Meadows (at large)
- Columbus State University (at large)
- The Springer Opera House (at large)
- The RiverCenter (at large)
- Coca-Cola Space Science Center (at large)
- Chattahoochee Valley Library System of Georgia (at large)
We would also like to thank the following companies and people for their support of Dimon Magnet Academy: Columbus Water Works, Columbus Fire Department, PAWS Humane, Wild Animal Safari, WLTZ, SparkArt, Port Columbus, Georgia Power, the Columbus Police Department, Columbus Regional Health, Divine Dinners, Rebecca Haskey of Barnes & Noble, and Alexis Jarrett of Grace Media.
Norma J Sellers