Fort Middle School
Grades 6th - 8th District 1 549 Students2900 Woodruff Farm Road, Columbus, GA 31907
Phone 706-569-3740, Fax 706-569-3616
- Parents Right to Know.pdf
- Fort Middle School Report Card
- Fort SIP.pdf
- Fort SIP Summary.pdf
- Fort SIP Presentation.pdf
- Fort CNA.pdf
- 2021-2022 Fort Parent and Family Engagement Policy and School-Parent Compact
- 2021-2022 District Parent and Family Engagement Policy (English)
- 2021-2022 District Parent and Family Engagement Policy (Spanish)
The mission of Fort Middle School is to promote the intellectual, social, emotional and physical development of our students in a safe, challenging environment so that they become confident, self-disciplined, productive members of a global society.
Fort Service Learning Magnet Academy:
An Award-Winning Georgia Family-Friendly Partnership School!
What Are Georgia’s Virtual Family-Friendly Partnership Schools?
To help schools, families, and communities work together in creating a Family-Friendly Partnership School, the Georgia Department of Education created Georgia’s Virtual Family-Friendly Partnership Schools. Georgia’s Virtual Family-Friendly Partnership Schools takes viewers on a virtual journey of an elementary and a middle-high school to show what makes a school family-friendly. The intended audience includes educational leaders, school staff, parents, school, or community organizations, and local business partners.
Other Awards and Recognitions
- Beat the Odds School in Georgia
- Student Growth Percentile highlighted school in four academic area - English Language Arts, Social Studies, Physical Science, and Science
- Breakout Middle School in Georgia
- High Academic Progress School
- Parent Teachers' Association (PTA) National School of Excellence
Partners In Education
Fort Middle School was an award-winning Gold recipient and is continually recognized among the top 10 schools at the annual Partners in Education (PIE) Banquet.
PARTNERS IN EDUCATION:
MEDDAC: Fort Benning, Georgia
True Vine Church of Hope
Virginia College Cosmetology Department
SPECIAL THANKS TO OUR SUPPORTERS: Al Smith & Courtney Williams, Alpha Worldwide Travel, AT&T – Mr. Terry Smith, Bags by Coach O – Mr. Charles Oliver (Knoxville, Tn.), Fort Valley State University, Foxy 105 – Nicole Buffong and Michael Soul, Golden Doughnuts – Mr. Don Baker, Langston and Sons Funeral Home, Louis Hayden Masonic Lodge, Publix on Milgen Road, Reflections of Love Wedding Coordinator, Rock Presbyterian Church of Columbus, Reginald Griffin-Principal of Edgewood A.I.M.S Program, Smith Grove A.M.E, Sneakers on Macon Road, Spencer High School, Officer Seldon, 1st Sgt. Hardimon, The Urban League of Greater Columbus – In Loving Memory of Mr. Reginald Pugh, and Mr. “Pops” Barnes.
Brenda M Merritt