Grades 9th - 12th District 3 762 Students4340 Victory Drive Columbus, GA 31903
William Henry Spencer High School was built in 1930 in Columbus, Georgia in honor of Dr. William Henry Spencer. Dr. Spencer was an educator, former principal and the supervisor of the Negro Educational Department. He was dedicated to improving the curriculum of segregated schools and worked diligently to establish courses in the fine arts and vocational arena. The original Spencer building was located on 10th Ave. at 8th Street, until it was destroyed by fire. In 1953, Spencer was relocated to1830 Shepherd Drive. It remained there until the 1970's when the Muscogee County School District voted to move Spencer to its current location at 4340 Victory Drive. We are currently celebrating 86 years of existence.
Spencer High School offers a myriad of opportunities for students including our Academy of Computer Science and Electronic Game Design magnet. The faculty and staff of Spencer are passionate and committed to providing the educational, cognitive, emotional, and developmental support needed to help our students grow into resilient future leaders at home and abroad.
Academic Quick Facts