Human Resources - Compensation
Our compensation philosophy is to pay wage and salary rates, which attract, motivate, and retain a highly qualified and competent work force. Our goal is to provide employees with a total rewards package that is competitive with other school districts. Though an employee’s pay is usually the most visible part of compensation, Muscogee County School Districts’ total rewards package includes a number of great benefits.
This page provides general guidance and information regarding Compensation Structure. To contact us for clarification or additional information, email us at Compensation@muscogee.k12.ga.us.
- Allows employees to see the relationship between jobs
- Takes into account that some positions work fewer days in a respective School year i.e. Teachers, 190 days, Paraprofessional: 190 days, Bus Drivers: 186 days; etc.,
Overview of Educational Support and Administrative Salary Schedules
For educational support and administrative salary schedules, the difference between the minimum and maximum salary for each classification level has been divided into 20 equal units.
- Each unit is used as a “tier” to differentiate the initial placement of each employee to maintain relativity among current employees within the pay grade.
- Once an employee in a non-certified position is placed on the new salary schedule, the salary remains until the Board Of Education (BOE) approves a cost of living adjustment (COLA) or any other salary increase measures on a percentage or flat rate.
- The salary schedule will then be adjusted based on the decision of the BOE.
- Certification level
- Previous year of verified experience.
Department of Compensation Contacts
Lora Atkins Compensation Specialist – Support706-748-2045 (Main)
Vacant Compensation Specialist / Professional706-748-2032 (Main)
Kimberly Nelson Compensation Specialist - Substitutes706-748-2031 (Main)
Tammy Odom Compensation/Benefits Manager706-748-2025 (Main)