Human Resources - Transfer Process
The transfer request process applies to full-time, full contract year teachers, media specialists, school counselors, and paraprofessionals interested in being considered for a transfer to a new location for the upcoming school year. This process is for lateral moves only; positions requiring a formal team selection process are not filled through the transfer process. The teacher transfer process is not used to identify candidates for principal, assistant principal, academic dean, guidance director, school improvement specialist, academic coach, content specialist, LEA facilitators etc. Likewise, the paraprofessional list is not used to identify candidates for school secretary, clerk, administrative support positions, and other vacancies in the district that are filled based on the outcome of a formal selection process.
Employees transferring to another position within their current building, DO NOT have to submit a transfer application.
Eligibility for the Transfer Process
TEACHER (includes Counselors & Media Specialists):
Must be a full-time, full contract year teacher, counselor, or media specialist with MCSD. Those teachers hired on or after November 12, 2020
are end of the year hires (EOYs). These individuals do not have automatic contracts issued for the next academic year, and therefore are ineligible
for the teacher transfer process. If you have questions about your contract status, please contact your region’s HR Coordinator.
- Amy Grace, West Region - 706.748.2014
- Jennifer Thompson, Central Region – 706.748.2042
- Latoria Akins-Jackson, East Region – 706.748.2360
- Must hold clear renewable certification (SRT, PRT, SRS, permit, or an Induction Certificate) in the field to which you want to transfer. Teachers working under a non-renewable “provisional” certificate, waivers, strategic waiver, and GaTAPP candidates are not eligible for a voluntary transfer.
- Must hold a valid paraprofessional certificate.
- Must acknowledge understanding of the pay grade differences in paraprofessional positions. For example, if you are currently a Special Education paraprofessional and wish to transfer to a Kindergarten paraprofessional, your annual salary will change.
Paraprofessional salary grades:
|Computer Lab Para (MS/HS)||$12.30|
|Computer Lab Para (ES)||$11.72|
|Title I Para||$11.72|
|Elementary IS Para||$11.72|
|Secondary IS Para||$11.72|
|Special Ed Para||$12.92 - $14.24|
|Pre-K Para||$11.75 (rate based on 2019-20 DECAL salary schedule)|
The “Transfer Acknowledgement” will be emailed to your principal once your transfer application is complete. Please have the principal’s email address available when completing your application. If you have an existing TalentED account, please add your principal to your list of references. The Assistant Principal can complete the form if a principal is out on leave or away for an extended period of time and does not have access to email.
Approved transfer applications will be available via TalentEd for principals to review beginning March 22, 2021. Transfer applications will be accepted and reviewed in Human Resources until March 15, 2021 at 11:59 p.m. by School Board Policy. After that cutoff date, no additional transfer applications will be accepted. Approval of transfer consideration is not a guarantee of an interview or reassignment for the 2021-2022 school year.
The last day for principals to recommend an approved transfer applicant is April 15, 2021 at 5:00PM. All recommendations must be submitted via TalentEd. NO EXCEPTIONS!