Students With Disabilities - Students In The Tiers Of Intervention
Response to Intervention
Pyramid of Intervention
Essential Elements of RTI
- Universal screenings of academics
- Differentiation and use of scientific, research-based instruction and interventions
- Multiple tiers of interventions matched to student needs
- Monitoring student progress
- Data based decision making to meet student needs
- Parent involvement
Parent's Role in RTI
- Parents play a critical role in supporting what their children are learning in school. Research shows that the more parents are involved in student learning, the higher the student achievement.
- As with all aspects of education, parents play a critical role in the Response to Intervention process. Strong parent communication procedures in all areas of the school will support open lines of information regarding all teaching and learning initiatives.
- Be involved and proactive in the education of your child
- Work with your child at home on particular skills identified through the screenings
- Make reading an everyday habit at home
- Share your child's successes
- Request a parent conference to address your concerns with the teacher or school administrator
Documents and Resources
GADOE RTI Resources
RTI Action Network
National Center on RTI
Frequently Asked Questions
Please request a conference at the school of enrollment as soon as possible to look into your concerns.
Please request a Tier 2 meeting to review the documentation and any concerns so the team can determine the next steps for assisting your child. As a vital member of the RTI team, your participation in meeting is crucial. Please let them team know if there are specific days or times that work with your schedule or if you need to participate by phone.
If additional support is needed, please request to speak with the Student Support Team Chairperson or Principal.
If you have basic questions, please do not hesitate to contact us by calling 706-748-2000 and requesting to speak with Robin Barber or email email@example.com.