Teaching and Learning - Fine Arts
The goals of the Department of Arts and Humanities are aligned with the Muscogee County School District’s Mission and Vision Statements.
- To provide exemplary instruction and experiences in the fine arts enriching the lives of students
- To provide in depth professional development for educators that is both technological and content rich
- To recruit and retain highly qualified art and music personnel to provide the highest standard of instruction to students
- To develop, collaborate and increase awareness and involvement of parents and community at large in the arts and humanities program
- To provide experiences which stimulate student interest to excel in the arts (performing, creating and experiencing)
- To provide students with the ability to see things from different points of view, analyze, reflect, make judgments and forge connections
- To encourage and provide opportunities for consortium among educators in a cross-curricular nature
- To enhance the cultural experience of MCSD students through strong collaboration with Columbus State University, local arts organizations, and artisans
- To provide full time art and music services in all elementary schools
Documents and Resources
The River Center
The Chattahoochee Valley Regional Library System
The Youth Orchestra of Greater Columbus
Columbus State Music/Schwob School of Music
The Springer Opera House
Frequently Asked Questions
Contact your assigned school and request to speak to their scheduling coordinator.
Depends on the school and the program. Please contact your school for more information.